New
Find
Notify
Tools

carpet python eating a rat
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
here's a few pictures of my son's carpet python eating a rat. i thought some of you guys might enjoy them

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Very nice mate. A costal carpet?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
howdy bakes. i don't know which of the carpet subspecies this snake is. if you can help me out IDing her i would appreciate it. it's a female and my son has had her for about 6 1/2 years. she was about 10-12 inches when we bought her.

here's a few more pics so you can get a better look and get some idea of her size. these were taken on the first warm day this spring. my son decided to take her for "a walk" so i grabbed the camera. for comparison, brian(my son) is a little over 6 feet tall.

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yep it looks like a coastal. If you do a google search on carpets you will find pics of the other sub species. With all the different types and crosses it can be hard to pin down. I'll forward the pics onto a mate of mine who is a snake guru and see what he has to say. Nice looking snake however thumb

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bakes...

i've done a search and looked at a few pics and i agree with you. it does look like a coastal to me also. i'll be interested to hear what the guru says. thanks for all you help

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
They can get to be big snakes as well. My mates male is 9-10 foot I think. It was mated to a 12 foot female last year. Some people love the jungles but I think the Darwin and Bredli's are a good looking snake.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Spoke to my mate and he said it looks like a Brisbane coastal phase. The same as his male.
This is a pic of Monty

one of us
posted Hide Post
bakes

thanks for the information and the picture. monty is a nice looking snake. i am also a little surprised that these snakes get as large as they do. i thought brian's would top out at about 8 feet but now it looks like it may go over 10 feet eventually.

again...thanks

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
10ft+ . From what little I know about them, the brisbane coastal is the biggest of the carpet subspecies-the jungle is the smallest.