THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM NATURAL WORLD FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Stopping shot suggestions on this...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted

From a tree stand. A high one with a very thick trunk.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Stopping a charge with anything fired from the shoulder would be iffy, with this guy. Bone city. Have to get a behind the shoulder shot or start running.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Maybe breaking a shoulder to slow it down then running to the side for a heart shot???

I wonder how thick the bones covering the brain is from the sides...

Now I REALLY want to travel back in time to hunt!

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
RPG-Hit it anywhere.

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Didn't work. I'll try again.

I'm thinking neck shot. He'll be standing more or less sideways to you when he is killing you with that tail. The spine leaves the chest area about vertically centered in the neck. It takes a dip and ends up near the top again where the neck joins the head. Probably the chest-neck junction (centered) or head-neck junction (high-mid-high) is your best bet. Chickens thrash some when their heads are cut off, so he'll probably kill you with that tail anyway. Don't stand too close.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a better picture anyway:

This company will sell you a life-size replica skeleton to get ready for your hunt. Only $22,500 plus shipping. Or save $8500 when you buy the unassembled kit for only $14,000 plus shipping.

www.baystatereplicas.com

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Yea, I was thinking of waiting for it to turn around and do the tail swing thing too. But humans are pretty small... chances are they'd just trample us...

Ankylosaurus and armored relatives seem to have uncommonly small eyes for a dinosaur(relative to size). In some (Ankylosaurus is one) the upper part of the eye is armored. Maybe this thing doesn't see very well...

Considering that the last half of their tails are stiffened to help support the weight of the club, some mobility and range is lost... unlike in stegosaurs...

Based on crappy guessing, it would have about maybe 2/4 to 2/3 the speed of a rhino...

Maybe breaking a shoulder to slow it down then running to the side for several heart shots is a good idea...

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I would try to break a knee/leg or two. I don't think they would get to far to fast on three legs. Then get in close and hit the head a few times.

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bakes; I have a t-shirt that says that. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote