New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clarks Fork Canyon - 16 August 2013
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here are a few photos from Clarks Fork Canyon in northern Wyoming, which we visited in 16 August 2013 as part of our trip to Yellowstone National Park. Coincidentally, it was also the anniversary of the birth of The Beautiful Mrs. Tas, and I cannot think of a better birthday gift for her than to share such a geologically wonderful place. In many ways, we found this area to be even more interesting and beautiful than Yellowstone itself, and it was certainly one of the most memorable highlights of the entire trip, if not the most. It left such an impression on my mother that we've decided to produce a photo collage of these pictures for her birthday, which is tomorrow.

I have a few more photos of this canyon, including a few stunning panoramas; but for now, this is what I have ready for posting:

Those of you with FaceBook can view the photo album here:

https://www.facebook.com/media...&type=1&l=2068800401

I hope you enjoyed the vew - we sure did!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It would really be nice if you had time laps photos of the forming of those mountains .Maybe one photo every million years ! wave

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's funny that you bring that up, because the truth is that at this place, you could almost see 65 million years of geological history at different stages.

I wish that there was a way to convey it properly, but this location, at the very edge of the Laramide Orogeny, tells some real stories.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
Not a single day passes without me wishing I were back there!! Just a couple more years, and I will be there permanently!

NO COMPROMISE !!!

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Great pix. Makes one want to go looking for gems or nuggets!

Andy

Posts: 9 | Location: Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote