Notify
Tools

saker!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted
hi guys ,
just back from iraq and would you believe it visited a sheik who had a saker ...awesome to see, amid the chaos and the fighting , a guy pursuing his falconry , albeit a bit different to what we know in africa !! it was in a mews in the moult ...he showed me pics of the classic arabian bustard hunts ...very interesting , also saw the leatherwork he had , ..very cool ,...

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan
I did not know you were into Falconry.
If you ever get a chance you should go and visit a friend of mine in the UAE, Howard Waller. He has some spectacular birds that he breeds for the Sheikh's there.
Now if I may ask, what were you doing in Iraq?
Cheers
Ian

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you know any falconers in RSA?

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eurocentric

Yes I do know a few, I actually want to start training up a few birds here again, but the red tape is pretty intense.
Would really like to be able to offer a falconry experience going after waterfowl with peregrines one day.
But that is a way off yet.
Do you have acess to falcons over there?
Ian

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote