Find
Notify
Tools

Roe deer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi,
I read somewhere that an eagle can kill a roe deer, is this true? Have any of you seen it done? Somehow I doubt it's a quick death....

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know a Golden eagle can do it, the Mongolians are big on hunting big game with birds.

Marshal eagles are using in Africa for taking monkies and other small mammals...

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Falconers hunting roedeer with golden eagles are not uncommon in Germany and central europe.

Death of the animal will depend on how the bird catches the deer, its size, the eagle�s hands....but undoubtedly the falconer should act quick and save any pain to the prey.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I am sure it takes a certain open environment for the eagle to have enough place to catch up with the prey...I am wondering if an eagle would be able to catch a springbok....

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Goldens can catch anything they choose! That includes the handler if he doesn't watch out. I've never been able to believe the Mongolians flying goldens unprotected. If I was that good, I'd wear a fencing mask!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote