New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 BR or 6 PPC
 Login/Join

<jerrys>
posted
Looking for something different to play with. Have read the Nosler Reloading Guide. Can anyone fill me in more? What are the plus's & minus's. Possible uses are paper and pd's Thank You Jerry

one of us
posted Hide Post
6BR is a great little round. 35 Gr. BLC-2, 70 gr noslers-3500 FPS in the one I had. Would shoot in a dime all day long, should have kept it!!!

Posts: 331 | Location: DeBeque, Co. | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Gard>
posted
I would go with the PPC for the light bulllets and the Br for the heavy bullets. If bolt face is a problem I dont think the PPC would be worth the extra effort. I have a 6PPC Encore Pistol VVC 1/14 twist 15 3/4" bbl. If I had it to do over again it would be exactly the same. Just my $.02

<reload>
posted
If you check any benchrest site you will notice that the top shooters are using the 6MM PPC, so there is a world of information out there on the 6MM PPC, why mess with the 6BR when there is so much help out there on the world's most accurate cartridge the 6MM PPC. When I lived in Walker I shot lots of crows with a .243, that was in the 50's. If you are going to build a accurate rifle can give you a name of a great gunsmith down here. Good Luck, keep warm!

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can but high quality 6BR brass with no problem while the 6PPC can be a real bitch to form and unless you are into neck-turning you are going to have to find a 'smith with a reamer for a normal size neck...to me this is a no-brainer in favor of the 6BR.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote