New
Find
Notify
Tools

new mini 14
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i see on the cover of guns & ammo ruger is bringing out a target mini 14. has a laminated thumbhole stock and a new heavy barrel, with GET THIS a barrel weight. the weight looks like a piece of pipe which slides back and forth on the barrel working sort like brownings boss system. Why the hell didn't they just put on a better barrel? anyway according to the article it sounds like a 2 minute gun. a decent barrel would make it into a 3/4 minute one.

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Mini 14 and I don't have any problems with it. My 55 gr bullets are going about 3200 to 3300 fps and it shoots a 2" group at 100 yds

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is Rugers attempt to once again make a Silk purse out of a sows ear with their Mini 14 "Musket". They haven't released the gun, or the price as of yet but my guess is it will cost as much or more than a good, solid AR-15, and most likely won't be as accurate even with all the Rube Goldberg crap attached to it. I don't know why Ruger simply doesn't go to a good barrel and solve this inaccuracy problem once and for all, instead of resorting to this type of crap. The Mini 14 isn't a bad looking, or a bad functioning rifle. It's just inaccurate as all hell, and isn't priced that much less than a good AR. This attempt at accuracy improvment may or may not work. Last year they claimed they had addressed this issue by "retooling" the entire Mini 14 assembly line. The rifles produced off the "new tooling" were just as inaccurate as the old ones. Let's hope this isn't Ruger barking at the Moon again with this same turd with a different smell. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
Go to Ruger website for news.

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote