THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    20 VarTarg minimum loaded length?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20 VarTarg minimum loaded length?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I had several other questions initially, but after some reading and research, the 20 VarTarg is sounding like a sweet deal, too sweet to pass up. However, I still have one overriding question: What is the MINIMUM overall loaded length I can obtain from the 20 VarTarg. Looking at the picture Todd K posted a while back, the 33 gr Vmax can be seated much deeper. The magic number I am looking for is 1.65 ....

Thanks!

Original post below:

First question:
What is the typical overall loaded length of the 17 Mach IV. My reference lists the ominous "V" for "varies", which is of NO help to me.

Second question:
Can the 17 Mach IV be loaded to not exceed 1.650" overall length?

Third question:
Is there a 19 or 20 caliver version of the Mach IV?

Thanks!

[ 12-07-2003, 08:55: Message edited by: MartytW ]

Posts: 327 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the OAL of the 17M4 as I'm at work and don't have my manuals, but the 19 and 20 calibers on the 221 fireball case have been done. The 19FBI (fireball improved) and Todd Kindler's 20 Vartarg are what the 19 & 20 cal. versions are known as respectively. I'm thinking hard about a 20 VT on a CZ 527 action myself. Should be a nice case to fill the gap between my 17AH and .223.