THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Lapua 155 grain Mega Ammunition *SOURCE*

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lapua 155 grain Mega Ammunition *SOURCE*
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
I am looking for a source to purchase this ammunition, or the 140 grain Naturalis lead free rounds. Midway and Graf are out. Can you guys help?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
no clue where you can get loaded ammo, but I shot the 155 Mega in my custom 260 and it did good, 3/4" group and 2600 fps Cool

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love those 155 gr Lapula bullets in my 264 win mag.I used them on pronghorn at around 350 yards and a 275 pound very close up.I got 3/8" groups with my 264 and H-870 powder.I bought 1000 of them.They are getting harder to find.I have bought them from Graf and son and midway.I had very good expansion with little blood shot and in the tracks kills.I will try them on caribou.They are made for moose but I would be kinda wary of using them for that.I wish they had other caliber in it.I want to try the .308 200 gr mega tip if I can find them.They are awesome bullets.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
here's a page with loaded ammo; the site has components, also-

http://www.vihtavuori-lapua.com/storeAmmo.asp?Category=Rifle%20Ammunition

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
dgr416 were you saying that the pronghorn you shot was a 275 pounder, lets see that picture!

All joking aside those bullets look interesting, and they sound like they may be worth looking into.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
their price on the 6.5x55 ammo at the Lapua online store is half the price of the other calibers! make the swede look like a bargain.

Friends don't let friends use see through scope mounts!

Posts: 130 | Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote