THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    AR Lock Release Lever Pin Spring size.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Lock Release Lever Pin Spring size.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello there. I just received my new STAG 15 (they seem to be the only ones with an international sales department), the stock is fixed, since it is illegal to export semi autos with collapsible stock from the US. Still it came with the sliding but stock which is fixed to receiver extension by a screw. I happen to have a receiver extension for the collapsible stock. so the only thing i am missing is the Lock Release Lever Pin and the spring that goes with it. Since i have access to a nice workshop the easiest for me is to make the pin myself. My question is:
What are the dimensions of the spring, and the pin? (diameter of the 2 sections and height)

I have measured the stock and got have pretty god idea of how i should make it. But still it would be nice to know the size of the factory made ones.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." (Attributed to George Orwell).

Posts: 72 | Location: Aalborg Denmark (sometimes Mexico) | Registered: 12 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
The shaft of the lock lever pin is .21" in diameter

I can't help you with the spring or the OAL of the lock lever pin. I'd have to tear the stock apart to do that.

Brownells lists the parts separately for Colt collapsible stocks. You might be able to order the pin and spring from Brownells by themselves without breaking any laws. Stag may have the individual parts too.

If you post this question at AR15.com. Someone there would probably be able to answer the question better than me.

Link to Brownell's page
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/schematics/schemmfg.as...+Assembly+All+Models

Gratuitous AR nudity

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote