New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ smallbore rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know why CZ insists on putting a detachable magazine that hangs down past the trigger guard on their 527? It ruins the looks of the rifle IMO. Would love to see one with an internal magazine, or even a detachable that didn't protrude like a pregnant whatever.

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joe25/06: CZ certainly will not answer that other than to say the current CZ 527 is a successful design which has proven itself in the field and in competition. I bought a 527 and I thought the hang-down magazine would bother me. It didn't and now, I hardly even notice it. I think to redesign to accomodate a staggered magazine would require a much more bulky rifle. The action would have to have the rails widened to allow a staggered magazine, which means it would also require a new, more wide, bolt design. The design as it is allows for a petite rifle capable of fantastic accuracy. There is a gent who posts on this forum who alters the existing magazine and bottom metal trigger guard area so it is almost a flush mount. I think it lowered the capacity to two rounds in the magazine and one up the snout. He charges about $60 for this service. My brother owns on in .221 Fireball. He told me that my CZ 527 looked like hell because of the hangdown magazine. Two years later he came up to visit and shoot p-dogs when I lived in Grants, New Mexico and he was shooting a CZ 527. The darn little rifles just shoot, and shoot well. Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote