Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

50gr noslers
 Login/Join

posted
what is the recomended twist rate for the 50gr nosler.

Posts: 11 | Location: sask canada | Registered: 11 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1 turn in 14 inches is about optimum . Faster twists will still work well .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In what cartridge?

1:14" is fine in a 22-250 or 220Swift.

1:12 in a 222Rem, 223Rem or 222RemMag

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use it in a 1-14" twist barrel 222rem. Superaccurate!!! Max charges of Benchmark, H-4198, or Reloader 7. I use Benchmark for best accuracy in my rifle.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote