THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Pre-64 Mod-70 .270WCF SuperGrade...?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre-64 Mod-70 .270WCF SuperGrade...?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of T/C Nut
posted
I found a pre-64 Wichester .270 WCF Super-Grade. What is is worth..? I would rate it at about 80% to 90% over all. Stock is in very good shape but has a rubber pad. Action looks to be a matte finish barrel is blue. It also has a two piece scope mount not sure but, didn't the super grades have a side mounted scope..? The floor plate is marked "Super-Grade" I don't know if this will help but the SN# is 182XXX
The stock looks like this one..

http://www.kopfmanandgraham.com/inventory.php?id=9

Posts: 608 | Location: Washington | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The rifle was manufactured during 1950. The super grade is a fine rifle to own $ 1,200 to 1,500 may be in the ball park. Tward the left hand rear of the action there are two screw holes for mounting peep sites . My Mdl 70 Mfg 1951 hase two screw holes in the ftont and rear of the action and the two holes on the side. I have seen a scope mount that used the side screw holes and the rear site was removed for the front mount.

tuck2

Posts: 193 | Location: Nebr Panhandle | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote