Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ527 Range Report
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of brytstar
posted
Got a new CZ last week and started some load development. Range conditions were rathe windy but I was impressed with the results. Came home increased the load by .2 gr. Went back out today, still a little windy but shot a five shot group of .7in @100meters.

Sierra 52gr HP Match, 25.3gr 2223, LC Brass CCI SR Primers. Chrony isn't working so I can'r report on velocity.

The single set trigger on the CZ really works well. Next new rifle might be a CZ in 6.5x55.

In politics as in theology! "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, But the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Posts: 200 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good job!!
Gotta like the CZ 527's. I have one in 222 and the second in 223. Both shoot.
That trigger the have on them is real sales feature, because it provides us shooters with two options, set or unset.
CZ sales must be good; everybody is buying them.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 204 Ruger. Absolutely love it. Love the trigger and the thing shoots. typically can put 10 shots into 3/4 inch with most factory ammo. I have yet to try to handload it with it shooting factory like it does. I am so close to buying a .223 that it is harder and harder to resist.

Posts: 114 | Location: valley Forge, PA | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 222 and just like every other CZ it is an accurate rifle, brystar I also have one in 6.5x55, get one you will love it. I wish I was as accurate aqs a CZ.

John

www.kosaa.co.uk

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Posts: 275 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about one in 221 Fireball. (I would already have it, but some folks urged me to consider a Hornet, and it confused me - they're both good.)

Jaywalker

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywalker:
I'm thinking about one in 221 Fireball. (I would already have it, but some folks urged me to consider a Hornet, and it confused me - they're both good.)

Jaywalker

If you decide to buy a CZ 527 Hornet, you might want to call CZ and ask them if their barrel is made for 223 or 224 bullets. I think I read a post somewhere where a guy said they were 223 barrels, but I don't know for sure. Worth a check though. Another guy I heard from says his CZ Hornet shoots very well.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAYB:
I have one in 222 and just like every other CZ it is an accurate rifle, brystar I also have one in 6.5x55, get one you will love it. I wish I was as accurate aqs a CZ.

John

I had a mate who had many very accurate CF rifles. I think I've only fired one CF brno.
It was his .22 Hornet. It wasn't very accurate. Not near as accurate as my Martini or Ruger No. 3. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Razzer

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
RazzerMost of you know about my CZ527, in .222 and about my disappointment. Yesterday at the range a fellow asked me to chronograph his loads in his CZ 527 in .223

Prior to shooting we discussed his rifle. He had no feed problems, burrs or parts that had to be honed in order for the bolt to properly actuate and close as I experienced. He also went on to let me know that he got great repeatability.

The three shot chronographed group measured right at 1 1/2". The best he did all day long did not better the 1 1/2" group.

His comment to me was that he probably never had it shoot any better than it did (yesterday) and before he met me he always enjoyed shooting it. Frowner "I think I did a bad thing."

Makes me wonder though how many more folks like him own CZ527s. Confusedroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brytstar:
Got a new CZ last week and started some load development. Range conditions were rathe windy but I was impressed with the results. Came home increased the load by .2 gr. Went back out today, still a little windy but shot a five shot group of .7in @100meters.

Sierra 52gr HP Match, 25.3gr 2223, LC Brass CCI SR Primers. Chrony isn't working so I can'r report on velocity.

The single set trigger on the CZ really works well. Next new rifle might be a CZ in 6.5x55.

In my M70 XTR with 1-12 twist I use 26 gr AA2230 in LC cases and WSR primers. Bullet is the 55 Hornady SX. Velocity is right at 3200 fps out of the 22" barrel. Accuracy is sub MOA with groups .6 to .9". Quit shooting groups withit and went hunting. It is a nice rifle for hunting Red Diggers (large ground squirrels) in the Blue Mtns of NE Oregon. Makes a nice rifle for a walking prairie dog or rockchuck hunt. The CZ should also fit the bill.

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote