Find
Notify
Tools

The best macho phony story??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted
Which do you think is the best phony story?

Rate by quality of (1) imagination, (2) sincerity, (3) believablity, (4) originality.

Here's my rating, for example:
teancum --- (1) = 7, (2)= 10, (3)= 0, (4)= 0; total 17
carpetman - (1) = 9, (2)= 10, (3)= 3, (4)= 0; total 22
kabluewy -- (1) = 4, (2) = 0, (3)= 0, (4)= 10; total 14

Carpetman gets a 3 in believability only because some actually believe him.
Teancum gets zero because no one is idiot enough to believe his BS.
Kabluewy gets 0 due to his spoof is intentionally unbelievable, as a spoof.

Kabluewy gets 10 in originality because he has never told his spoof quit like that before, but carpetman and teancum get zero for originally because of excessive proselytizing over the supposed virtues of 223 varmint bullets.

Sorry, I'm just not up to speed with the real experienced pros here on imagination and sincerity. Wink

Of course please consider this as your invitation to join in the fun by telling us your favorite phony story, all for our fun and amusment of course.

quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
Today I went deer hunting here in Idaho and scored on a small mulie buck 2x3 with my .223.

Shot was 281 lazered yards and he just rolled down a steep hill dead when hit, one shot and it's over. Had a nice broadside shot with a great rest and punched him in the chest.

Load was Rl-7 with a Nosler BT 40g. at 3975 fps over the chronograph. That's more than the book but it is coming out of a 26" barrel with an additional 8" suppressor on the end. The load continues to work.

quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Of deer I shot or witnessed being shot, I've only had two that did not have complete pass through. Both were shot with .223 and the bullet was found under skin in the off side. The recovered bullet had the perfect mushroom and I think they weighed 40 grains (55 grain bullet). Both deer dropped on the spot.

My nephew is a pharmacist and works long hours. This past week-end he got a needed break and came down and we hunted deer. Saturday we only got a glimpse of one running away. Sunday he shot a small yearling buck. Texas whitetail are known for being small and this one would have only gone about 80 pounds(young deer). He took out the liver and the deer dropped on spot. Was kicking when we arrived and nephew used pistol for finishing shot. He was using his sons CZ rifle in .223 and my reload. The reload is a 55 grain Win bulk packed. We found the base of the bulet in the off side. First time we didn't get complete pass through. This base had formed a perfect mushroom and weighed 40 grains which would be 72.7% of original weight. This bullet and the same bullet in 100 grain for .243 has taken many many deer by me, friends and family.

Gotcha. It was really an eight point Texas whitetail--about 125 pound range. I offended someone by using the title "Another deer with a .223" and was accused of being in your face bragging etc, thus the thread title. This was shot by my nephew (same one that shot the one on the other thread). The deer was hit high on the shoulder and dropped on the spot. This was with .223 using Winchester bulk packed(cheap--not premium) bullet. Deer went down in his tracks but required finishing shot to head with pistol. This deer like the last one, we recovered the base of the bullet on the off side--perfect mushroom.

Kabluewy's entry in the phony story contest:
Just last week, I was deer hunting with my 458, and as usual I stalked up to about 20 feet of a nice mountain buck. With the shot, he dropped on the spot of course and managed a kick or two. Fortunately for me, I was shooting a bullet that completely passed through, because it hit the brown bear lurking in the alder that I didn’t see before, right between the eyes. Now that’s a real twofer. Incidentally, the bear steaks were tastier and more tender than the buck. Wink

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KB,
Usually the first liar never stands a chance.
In this case they got off to an early lead that you could not make up down the home stretch.
Mine that bird you are not.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I dont even bother telling my best so called "macho" hunting story. Its just too hard to believe, so I dont bother, I just keep that one to myself.. Wink

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10169 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote