New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .222 remington
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
You might take a look at the CZ-527. The barrel is not as heavy as some but they are astonishingly accurate rifles and are available in .222. I just aquired a .223 version and it fully lived up to my expectations.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two rifles in .222Rem. caliber. One is a Rem. 40XBBR
from the early 70's, back when Remington still turned out excellent rifles. It will reliably shoot handloads into .25" groups (5 at 100yds). However, it is a bit on the heavy side to lug over hill and dale. The other rifle is a Sako Varminter which will group in the .4's. It's also a heavy barrel but much lighter than the Remington. It's also from the late 70's. On woodchuck hunts I take the Sako, but revert to the Remington for bench use. I reload both with Wilson N/S knockout dies. Best wishes.

Cal -ontreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello from Scotland~

One of these days i will not be able "NOT" to buy the .222 ive always wanted,its only a matter of time ! so

Im interested in asking your opinions as to which is the most accurate "Factory" .222 rifle you have owned or shot ?

Ive been thinking along the lines of heavy 24" barrel as a super accurate varmint rifle fitted with a full length sound moderator.

I was thinking of a Sako heavy barrel varmint... but a friend just bought one in .223 and i was NOT impressed with the wood finish or the wood to metal fit certinally not on a rifle of that price !

I hear Tikka make a heavy .222 but ive never seen one ?

Anyone recommend good quality accurate .222 Remington ??

Englander

Posts: 193 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TROLL EXPOSED!!! TROLL EXPOSED!!! TROLL EXPOSED!!!

craigster (3864) is ScottS

Quote:

I have two Remingtons in 222. One is a very early 40x built on a 722 action, the other is a first year 700. Both are very accurate, under half inch and often better.

Posts: 204 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a previous model HB sako which was excellent quality and shot into about .25" for 5.

It was however very heavy (11lb) and with a moderator would be something to use from the bonnet of the pick up.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two Remingtons in 222. One is a very early 40x built on a 722 action, the other is a first year 700. Both are very accurate, under half inch and often better.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote