New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What 22 Hornet Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure glad we all have a different view of what's attractive, otherwise we'd all be in a fist fight over the same girl (rifle). For someone to state their opinion of how a particular rifle looks as if it's a given, that came down off the mountain with Moses is a bit conceited as I see it.

My gun safe holds offerings from Savage, Ruger, Anschutz, Remington, Winchester, Sako, Cooper and CZ to name a few. I like the looks of the CZ's alot. Very European to my eye and certainly not the ugly duckling some seem to see, I think they are quite handsome.

If the magazine is offensive then have Roy Bertello modify it for $60.00, no biggie. As to safeties a lot of rifles safeties function differently from each other, I'm no mechanical wizard but even I have managed to figure all of em out, "pull instead of push" not that tuff a concept.

The wood that came on my latest CZ would be a $500.00 add at Cooper and the Kepplinger single set I added to a custom Remington is now up to almost $200.00 comes free on the CZ. I paid $430.00 for this rifle. In Hornet guise before I sent it off to become a .17 Ackley it exceeded the accuracy guarantee of Cooper and any other custom rifle I know of, better that a half inch 5 shots at 100.

I guess beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, I think CZ's are real good lookin and the ultra modern shape of the bolt and action in the Browning A Bolt as well as it's high gloss finish leaves me cold, wouldn't trade a CZ for one straight across. Go figure. Like the man said "Opinions are like a-- ----s, every body has one"!

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I sure do but mine is not one of the "new model" Minis. Mine is one of the original few "Superior Grade " that got out before the embargo and made it to the US via the Phillipines...The action is stamped Yugo but the barrel is stamped Phillipines. No it is not for sale...lol I will post some pics.

Posts: 11 | Location: Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LOL sorry Doug. I said they have nice wood and shoot. My Browning is the hunter version with the matte blue. I do not like that shiny blue either. I can not reach the pull on the safety comfortably and keep shit in the scope. I am gonna get flamed but IMO none of them are all that great until the are rebarreled to a 17AH.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As the good Colonel said Hornetfan, "The only interesting rifle is an accurate rifle"! If they shoot well they're all beautiful.
As a younger fella I'm sure I had guy's that thought it was just sour grapes when I said I thought their $5000.00 Weatherbys were butt ugly (but I meant it!). It's all in the eye of the beholder!
What barrel did you use for your .17 Ackley?

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1/10 3 groove Pac-Nor. #2. Someone else also said that life is too short to hunt with an ugly rifle LOL. When is yours getting done?