New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left handed Rem 700 Varmint
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How uncommon is a left handed Rem. 700 Varmint in 22-250.

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I see them listed at Davidson's all the time as available but I don't see them on gunshop shelves. Of course all the gunshops here only stock lefties in 270, 30.06 and 7 Mag and lately the WSM's.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen several LH R700's in 22-250 available used in the last couple of years.

If you are into real money I know someone selling a LH Dakota 75 Varminter in 22-250.

I saw the price tag and put it down... $1999.

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would love to have it but, I think it is out of my price range. Smiler

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sportsman's Warehouse has had them in the past. Don't know their current inventory.

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A guy was just trying to trade me one for my encore but i didnt want a 22-250.

Gary

Posts: 44 | Location: portland Or | Registered: 03 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I'm a lefty and have seen them at several gunshops. What I did, because I wanted a 1-12" twist, was buy a used .223 and had it rechambered, the boltface opened up, and general check for locking lugs square, and crown OK. Total when done was what a new .22-250 would have cost me. It shoots 55-62gr bullets extremely well.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a LH VS .22-250; they weren't common even when Remington was making them seven or eight years ago.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hvy barrel: I have several southpaw Varmint shooting and Big Game Hunting friends and I always take note when I see Rifles that are conducive to their needs.
I see the left hand 700 Varminters at the various Sportsmans Warehouses I get to from Idaho Falls, Idaho to Missoula, Montana to Spokane, Washington!
I also see them at Gunshows on occassion.
Both the Remington 2,005 and 2,006 catalogs show left handed Varminters in 22-250.
I do not know if the Sportsmans Warehouse folks have stores down your way - a quick check of their web site would answer that.
Good luck if you are searching for one.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Willsons has them and the best price I have found. They sell alot of LH savages on guns america and gun broker. Sometimes they are hard to get through to. If you leave a telephone # he will return your call.

Posts: 20 | Location: Central Valley, Calif. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
I own a LH 700 VS in 22-250. It is an outstanding shooter. I bought mine new several years back. It had to be ordered but I had it in a week or so. I never knew they were hard to come by.

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote