Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Looks like a keeper to me.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You would,nt believe what I went through to get this picture on the web. Any way I am rather proud of her.
If the weather is decent she will get tried out nex weekend.
I got some RWS brass with the proper head stamp, and the Dies. I loaded som 129 grain ssts over IMR-4350, and I am about to do some 120 grain balistic tips over H-414 and 125gr partitions over IMR 4064.
...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should be proud of her! Very nice!! thumb

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of 22win
posted Hide Post
Great looking 6.5x57. Let us know how it shoots.

Posts: 48 | Location: Northcentral PA | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try some S&B ammo in your 6.5x57mm. I found a NIB Steyr in that caliber and latched on to some S&B factory ammo and I've been quite pleased with it. The S&B shoots better in my Steyr than do my handloads. So far only one deer with the 6.5x57mm, but that whitetail went down at 110 yards like it was thunderstruck.

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys !
Sierra , I bet that styer shoots !
As for the factory ammo, my smith had a Box, but wants 35.00. For it.
I would rather buy bullets poweder and brass.
But thanks anyway !
...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
What do you know about the stock? Like where it came from or who's design it is?
Nice looking rifle.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This rifle was at least partly built the shop of my smith. Its H&K gunsmithing in forest grove Oregon.
he got the rifle from an old customer who has passed away he is not sure if he barreld it, but at least the chekering was done and the bluing by the shop I mentioned. the stock shaping is done by a guy who,s name I don't know and another guy does the checkering.
I Like the work done there and although i don't want to mention the price I paid on the web site, I will tell you its not near as much as what some guys charge for similar quality. at least in my opinion.
If you want a phone number let me know...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a mighty fine looking rifle. Very nice. I like the stock.

Posts: 52 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN MICHIGAN | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I built one years ago on a Mauser action, and at that time, the only factory load available was the RWS with a 93-grain bullet at some unbelievable Mv, around 3400 FPS. as I recall. I never had a chance to chronograph that ammo to see what the MV actually was. (I didn't have any reloading tools for that round yet, and soon rechambered it for the 6.5 Gibbs. Should have left it alone!)

Good luck with that new piece!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a very slick, and very classic looking rifle. Many thanks for sharing.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote