New
Find
Notify
Tools

T/C G2 Contender
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was conteplating about purchasing a new G2 Contender as my varmit/plinking rifle and was wondering about quality and accuracy? I like to experiment with various cartridges and figured it would be easier and cheaper to just buy a gun that had the versatility of exchanging barrels. Opinions?

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're right TC is very versatile. Contender is a great little gun, but you might want to consider starting with an Encore since they are available in more powerful rounds. On the other hand, if you want to plink with rimfires, the contender is the answer. Best way is to buy both!!

In Maryland you will want to buy the rifle stock with the frame or you will need to go thru the "pistol wait" process.

Good luck with whatever you buy!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lowrider, I already have the Encore for the bigger stuff here in MD, but was looking at the .17 HMR for red foxes. As you probably already know, housing development is going crazy and shrinking hunting property. The rimfire would have alot less blast and not travel as far as the centerfire. Its a shame, but reality. Thanks.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote