THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    .243: different bullets & same POI?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.243: different bullets & same POI?
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Stevens 200 .243 1:9.25 twist.
I have Nosler 100 Partition and WW 80 PSP; IMR 4895, 4350, 4064 and 4831; WW brass & WLR primers.
Is it possible to concoct loads from the above materials for the Nosler 100 gr and the Winchester 80 gr so that both bullets will have the same or close points of impact at 100 yards?
Does any body know of any such loads?

Posts: 15 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
if you load to match the 100gr to 80gr try and load for the same velocity or slightly faster for the 80 grain. if you have developed a load for the 100gr bullets try adjusting the load for the 80gr and vise versa,
Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
sure it can be done.. just takes a lot of experimenting is all...

another spiffy benefit of Blue Dot is a lot of guys will find that it offers reduced loads with lighter bullets that have the same POI as their regular full power loads...

But to do so with regular loads, I'd recommend 4350 or 4831 for your 100 grain bullet, and 4064 or 4895 for your 80 grain bullet....

if you change primers tho, at times that can alter the equation, and also if you change bullet brands, that can alter it to..

so if you find a combo the will accomplish what you are desiring.. then stay with it.. and don't keep changing components...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The shorter and fatter the barrel the more likely it is.

Just because they print together today doesn't mean they will when you have taken the action out the stock and put it back. If you do that be sure to check all loads - quite often there is a slight shift in the relationship.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It will be purely a matter of luck if you can get two different bullets to print to the same point of impact. Manipulating the powder charge, seating length, primer, or anything else to achieve this is a crap shoot. Good luck.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote