New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ triggers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How does the trigger on the CZ rifles work? For instance the 527 single set trigger. I think I've also seen something about a double set trigger but I may be mistaken. How do these work?

Posts: 70 | Location: N. Utah | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Teesh ,
Push the trigger forward with your thumb and it goes into it's set mode . Let off as low as a few ounces . Standard mode can be down to around 2 pounds .
Most CZ set triggers benefit from a little polishing by a knowledgeable gunsmith . After that they are absolutely fantastic .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
teesh: bushchook said it pretty well. The only thing I would add is it goes into the set mode with a "click" when you are pushing the trigger forward. The factory sets the set trigger pull weight at 12 ounces. The regular trigger is very easily adjusted for pull weight, over travel and creep. For some folks sitting on the fence between the CZ and some other make of rifle, that single set trigger feature is the selling point. It is one hellofa trigger. The manual explains how to adjust the trigger. Good luck ... Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. If I understand correctly, the CZ then has two types of trigger pulls, depending on which you prefer for the situation at hand. A light (or what some may claim is a hair trigger) and a normal trigger pull that can be adjusted. Correct?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Teesh,
Yes, that is correct. Two different pull weights. As the others posted, it is a very nice trigger, in my opinion, much preferable to a Timney in the CZ application.
Regards,
BJB

Posts: 514 | Location: now in Lower Slower Delaware | Registered: 21 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the explanations. I'm looking at the 527 in the .204 chambering. Very nice looking gun and from what I've read here, not a lot of folks have much negative to say about it, if anything.