New
Find
Notify
Tools

160 gn RN .260 REM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can i ask why there do not seem to be any 160 RN loads offered in factory .260 ??

In other 6.5 rifles the bullets proven its self not only very accurate but also lethal to Europeon game such as moose ! yes MOOSE not "mouse" [Wink]

Only seem to find 120gn and 140 gn loads ????

Is there any specific reason for this ...........

Englander [Confused]

Posts: 193 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know of no 160 gr. bullets in .264 diameter that can penetrate as well as the 140 gr. offerings from Swift, or Barnes.
For some reason, most of the light rifle, moose hunters over here, the USA, seem to use things like the .25-06, the 7X57, and the .308. Or at least the ones I know. There is probably no market for such a load in the .260 Rem. E

Posts: 1022 | Location: Placerville,CA,USA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Bruce Gordon>
posted
One thing might very well be that the factory 260 throats are a bit short to allow the 160 round nose bullets. Haven't tried any but my 260 throat is just a bit longer than necessary to use regular pointed bullets.
Another reason could be that a round nose bullet would negate the decent BC's of the present bullets and there is such small demand for this round in the USA that it has the potential of being dropped as a factory round all together.

[ 10-29-2002, 00:36: Message edited by: Bruce Gordon ]