New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bartsche
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sorry this took a while been out hunting and left the camera in my truck. This is the best I can do with out taking the gun apart which I do not want to do as the scope is sighted perfect and I may still use it yet this year and try to kill a feral pig with it. You should be able to see the tube and the base attached to it. Just find a thick enough tube to drill and tap and then screw a weaver base to the tube ( One for a 742 Remington works fine.) Then epoxy or silver solder to the barrel. I used epoxy and used a shim betweem the barrel and the tube for a tighter fit. I suppose if you ever wanted to take it off heat would loosen the epoxy so you could. Bottom pic is reverse side and you can see where the tube butts up to the first step on the barrel.

lib*er*al: `li-b(&-)r&l
Noun: a person so open minded their brains have fallen out

Posts: 5226 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
WinkThat's great Thank you. I do appriciate a straight forward approach such as this.

how was the hunting? waveroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunting was good and bad. Good that I shot a doe with the Swede first day neck shot it worked well.( In a area I normally hunt) Bad news was I then had doe tags in a T zone which is a zone that WI has designated as too many anterless deer so they give out extra doe tags. I think their count is off as I never seen a doe I could shoot out of 3 days of hunting. I saw lots of hunters that never seen any does either. Since this is the only area I can muzzle load hunt as I only have the T zone tags left for gun I will pass as a waste of time and go back to archery hunting for the rest of the year as I can do that where ever I want to.

lib*er*al: `li-b(&-)r&l
Noun: a person so open minded their brains have fallen out

Posts: 5226 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote