Notify
Tools

6mm ackley improved
 Login/Join

posted
need some load data for the 6mm AI. Thank you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to shoot a 240 PSP quite a bit and all I recall is that I used R19 with the 75's to the 95's.

Seafire from here is a 6 AI nut and will hopefully hop on here and shed some good light.

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
204hunter: I had Darrell Holland build a nifty custom Varmint Rifle in 6mm Remington Ackley Improved for me back in 1994!
It has a 26" Hart barrel.
My Rifle likes both Nosler 70 gr. Ballistic Tips and 68 gr. Euber custom bullets.
I use Federal 210M (Match) primers and IMR 4350 powder in Remington cases.
I hesitate to give my exact powder loads due to "variables" and this is a higher intensity cartridge.
Best of luck to you and be sure to try the 70 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips - they are accurate and awesome once contact is made with Varmints of all sizes.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
204 - Great cartridge. I have had one for the last 10 years (3 barrels). Let us know what bullets you want to shoot and what yardages and I can give you some of my loads.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While Varmint Guy gives some good advice, after testing 15 different powders, the most accurate by far was H 414.....

With the real heavy weight match bullets, like the 105, 107 and 115 Berger, I switch over to a load of 46 grains of RL 19....

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote