New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 Rimfire Match Ammo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I find myself in need of advice for 22 rim fire match ammo. I am shooting this in a Clark 77/22 that I bought at the last Dallas Shot Show (display rifle) several years ago. So far I have shot Green Tag and the regular Gold Medal Target with outstanding results. The test target that was fired used Fiocchi V 320 that is literally 1 hole at 50 yards.

My first thought is to try the V 320 or should I go with a little more velocity and try V 340. The other choice I was thinking about was the Federal Ultra (UM1) Match. I am curious just how good that this thing will shoot and up until now have not shot this rifle very much at all.

Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Dave

Posts: 109 | Location: Colleyville,TX | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
<six4aTD>
posted
I don't have an answer but will work on it. I have a retired friend who shoots paper daily and is into this kind of thing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Busa Dave:
I find myself in need of advice for 22 rim fire match ammo. I am shooting this in a Clark 77/22 that I bought at the last Dallas Shot Show (display rifle) several years ago. So far I have shot Green Tag and the regular Gold Medal Target with outstanding results. The test target that was fired used Fiocchi V 320 that is literally 1 hole at 50 yards.

My first thought is to try the V 320 or should I go with a little more velocity and try V 340. The other choice I was thinking about was the Federal Ultra (UM1) Match. I am curious just how good that this thing will shoot and up until now have not shot this rifle very much at all.

Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Dave

I have a Clark 10/22 and it also likes the Green Tag....but it loves the Lapua Midas L..but at the cost of that it should!!!!Have you tried any of the Federal 711 or 711b? it is a "Gold Medal" dimpled head lead non-copper bullet and is available for 2.25 a box mailorder and works well esp. for the price.....I have a group with the Midas L that was shot at 100yds/9x scope that has 4 shots in 1/2in. and then the 5th one out 3/4...I was shooting a centerfire at the 100yd and had the Clark/Ruger and said I wonder what it would do??how much drop from 35yd zero? 14in drop and when I saw the 4shot group I "think" I pulled the last one? good luck and good shooting!!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
I've been out of the loop for a few years, and haven't shot some of the newer match loads but I used to shoot 3 position smallbore in high school. We tested various brands of ammo in my anschutz 1913 supermatch and Ely Tenex was the winner, but beleive it or not CCI standard velocity ammo was a close second.

The moral of the story is, try different brands of ammo in your rifle, including some less expensive loads and eventually you will find one your rifle likes.

------------------
Walk softly and carry a big bore!

[This message has been edited by Pumpkinheaver (edited 05-01-2002).]

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
try the following:

lapua m

sk match gold

rws

eley tenex.

Posts: 351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote