Find
Notify
Tools

Re: CZ 527 American
 Login/Join

<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

I am considering purchasing a CZ 527 in 221 Fireball. I know that they come with a single set trigger BUT is the trigger adjustable for weight of pull without the set. What kind of accuracy??Thanx

I have a CZ 527in 7.62X39mm. YES!! The triggers ARE adjustable for the UNSET pull. You have to remove the stock to get to the unset adjustment screws, while the screw that adjusts the set trigger feature is accessible with the stock in place. The Owner's manual that comes with the rifle contains complete instructions for ajusting the set and unset trigger. In several languages as well!

As much as I like this little (ACCURATE!!) rifle, I must say the single-set trigger design & construction arrangement is half-assed. I was unable to adjust the set pull weight any lighter than the unset weight, and still have a safe set trigger. Less than 1/8 of a turn on the set trigger adjustment screw takes you from a safe weight of a couple of pounds to the point where the gun will fire just from pushing the safety off, or jarring the gun! I don't use the set trigger at all for this reason!

However, I was able to adjust the unset pull down to about 2.5 pounds without creep or slack, and overtravel is also adjustable, so I use it UNSET!

I recommend forgetting about the set-trigger feature on the CZ 527!

one of us
posted Hide Post
eldeguello,
I just got my 527 carbine in 7.62X39 and found the trigger tripped at 48 ozs.,and set at 8 ozs . I've just mounted a scope and am waiting for my reloading dies and brass to come in so I can try her out!-JDL

Posts: 61 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
JDL, your trigger is obviously working a lot better than mine! Maybe mine's a fluke! I'll just use it unset, despite my predeliction toward set triggers! However, I admit to a preference for the double-set type....

Hope you enjoy your rifle as much as I like mine!!