THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: To K or not to K? That is the question.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: To K or not to K? That is the question.
 Login/Join

posted
Quote:

Any other things I've overlooked in rationalizing this totally frivilous expenditure?

Yeah, what's it going to buy you? I can get close to 3000fps according to the reloading data and with that load can put shots into .5 at 100yds.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The main thing is it looks cool.
I say go for it.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd go for it if you dont have dies yet. The dies for the K version are a lot dearer to buy than the standard hornet. It will give you a performance gain of about 5 grains.( it'll do speeds with a 45 grain bullet that it used to do with a 40, and so on )
I was going to do it to mine but my hornet got stolen before I could.

Posts: 168 | Location: Kalgoorlie, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Go for it. My Low Wall is no K'd and it does 3250 with the 40 grain Blitzking an 3050 with the 45 grain Hornady Hornet bullet, using Lil Gun and Rem 6 1/2 primers. So says the Oehler. Pressues seem fine!
Good shootin'
GregH