Find
Notify
Tools

Re: cz 22 hornet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Bad ass,

I load sierra 45 gr bullets and they are .224 diamter. For some reason I am sure the newer cz's like mine are .224 Hornets.

I really like my cz .22 hornet as well it has taken quite a few head of game.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dr Duc--
How much material did your friend remove from the back of the magazine spacer? Also, did he add a like amount to the back side of the follower? If so, what material did he use?
TIA--
Mike

Posts: 22 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 21 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Hornet has never been noted for accuracy, sure some to them shoot great as witnessed here but they never set any kind of record at benchrest...I think the Improved hornet is a better shooter, or that has been my experience...I shot them a good deal way back yonder..even shot a few deer with it...

That said, I would rather have a 222 Rem...and it comes in the same rifle...cheaper brass, better accuracy over all, and just a better caliber with a lot more punch or you can load it down to hornet specs...

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray--

After trying about every tweak on earth to make a Ruger 77RH shoot decently without much success, I sold the rifle and put its scope atop a Ruger 77CR x 223. Pure delight, and sub-MOA all day long. It must have been built on Wednesday. :-)

I've done without a 22 Hornet for several years now, but the kudoes for the CZ 527 might prompt me to re-visit that caliber. With a 22-250 and 2 x 223, plus a 243 that shoots cast boolits into near-MOA, there isn't much need for a 22H......but that never stopped me before.

Posts: 299 | Location: Yucaipa CA | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote