THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    took out the new CZ 22 WMR today

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

took out the new CZ 22 WMR today
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
All I can say is lots of fun shot about 50 rounds, zeroing and just playing around. It has been a long long time since I shot a rimfire and I can honestly say it was a ball. Additionally, the rifle turned out to be a great shooter, could not have been happier, especially since the rifle was only $300 nib.

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BoCash3
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear of another CZ in .22 Mag with a happy owner.

Am still playing with mine. It does not like Winchester 40 grain hollow points. I still have some different ammo by Federal, Remington, and CCI to try but meanwhile, I tried the Remington 33 grain V-Max pointed bullet. Until the wind came up, I saw a marked improvement in my 33gr. Rem groups over the very inconsistant Win 40 gr HP stuff. I finally got a group that was just under an inch at 100 yds, then another at an inch. The third group had a severe flyer that opened it up to over 3 inches, but I blame a wind that came up. With the Winchester 40 gr HP's, the groups were all over 2 and 3 inches.

Thank goodness my grandfather put me in the woods as a child !

www.TableRockAngler.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 20 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
While I don't currently have a CZ in .22 Magnum, I know 4 individuals who do -- and none have ever had anything but praise for the accuracy. One fellow brought over his rifle to have a scope mounted and sighted in, and he also wanted me to try several diffeent types of ammo. With CCI 40 grain JHP and the WW 34 grain JHP, groups from the new barrel ran around 0.7 for 3 shots at 100 yards. Everything else -- Rem 33 grain and 40 grainers, CCI 30 grainers and and some older Federal 50 grainer JHPs -- ran from 3/4th inch to around 1.15 -- certainly not bad from a new rifle.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9410 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
BoCash3: It does not like Winchester 40 grain hollow points.
My Anschutz didn't like them either, at first. I went back to them after a couple of hundred rounds, and it likes them much better now.

Jaywalker

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BoCash3
posted Hide Post
Interesting note, Jaywalker. I suppose a little barrel "break in" helped your rifle to digest that shell better.

To get more complicated, I actually have three .22 magnums that I need to try with more different ammos. So far, I have seen very "open" groups on all with Win. 40 gr. HP stuff but this is what I have several bricks of. I have the different ammo brands but too little time to haul the rifles to my little range in the mountains.

The .22 mag rifles:

1. CZ 452 w/ Nikon 4.5-14x
2. Anchutz 141M w/ Redfield 6-18x
3. Ruger 77/22 mag w/ Redfield 6-18x

All three need more work at the bench but so far, the only acceptible groups have come from the CZ with Rem. 33 gr V-Max green pointed shells, and I need to re-try it again on a day with no wind.

I should sell one of these, but see pluses with all three so am happy to hold them all for a while.

Bo

Thank goodness my grandfather put me in the woods as a child !

www.TableRockAngler.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 20 November 2004Reply With Quote