Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 x 55 Lapua Match
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
holycowWas shooting a sporterized Military 6.5 X 55 yesterday; 30" barrel with home grown muzzle brake (Needed something to cover the threads at the end of the barrel), stiff military trigger and no bedding..
oldBeen shooting this rifle since about 1992. It never was better than 2" at 100 yds. Someone gave me 60 rounds of Lapua Match ammo. The accuracy was almost unbelievable At 25, 100,300 and 400 yds. The wind was blowing 20 mph steady with gusts up to 30 mph.
shocker In all the years I've been shooting this is the first time I ever used anything made by Lapua. I was pleasantly shocked.
Wink If the quality of this ammo is truly indicative of Lapua products performance level I can understand why so many of you tout the name.
I know if I were shooting competition I would strongly evaluate Lapua products. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
roger - does this mean you actually hit the watermelon at 25 yds? Big Grin faint jumping ?

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
I reload so I don't buy factory ammo, however, I consider Lapua as my Nr. 1 preferred brass. Good stuff.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
If Lapua makes the brass in the cartridge I need or close to it I buy it as my first choice.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In all the years I've been shooting this is the first time I ever used anything made by Lapua. I was pleasantly shocked.

+1

A friend gave me 60 pieces of .223 Lapua Match brass.

I've beeen using Remchester brass, RWS, PMC, Federal; basically whatever I could get ahold of in quantity. The Lapua Match brass cut my groups in half when used with my best loads.

shocker

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
roger - does this mean you actually hit the watermelon at 25 yds? Big Grin faint jumping ?

tu2 Almost beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote