Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sanford/Eaton 10/22 Drum Mag
 Login/Join

posted
10 or 15 years ago I picked up a Sanford/Eaton 50 rnd drum mag for the Ruger 10/22. I didn't pay anything for it and just got it as part of a box of goodies in a trade with a buddy. Recently I've seen them going for $250 + US on some of the auction sites on the net and was wondering if that is what they are actually going for or is someone merely trying to jerk the sellers around by putting a high bid on them.

I've read a couple of reviews on them and see that that mag is listed as a poor unit in regards to the 10/22 high capacity mags. I was considering putting mine on one of the auction sites, but didn't know if it was banned or what restrictions I'd have in selling it, particularly if I had to ship it stateside.

TBow

Posts: 1 | Location: Ontario | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 AI
posted Hide Post
You can purchase Bulter Creek 50 round mags for $30.00. So I doubt you will get $250 for yours. But auctions are funny things. You can never tell what someone will pay. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
To my knowledge there is no longer a ban on producing these "high" capacity mags for the US consumer market. I believe the window has closed for those seeking the high prices for rare junk.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote