New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 77 VT Target Trigger ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello members: I would appreciate any commentary you might have on the quality of the two-stage trigger that comes with the Ruger 77 Target model. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Dad, for taking me into the Great Outdoors.

Posts: 226 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In a nutshell...pretty good. Mine was in .223 and I never had any complaints regarding the trigger. The short magazine/long throat combination however was irritating and it never shot factory ammunition accurately. Reloads were a totally different matter.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Very satisfying, I adjusted mine to 1 lb. and it breaks cleanly. Adjustment is not that simple however, the procedure is described in the armorer's manual, not available to the public (it's a step by step procedure that has to be performed with alternatively raising and lowering the bolt handle !?!,). I believe it's available on the web, though.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My .243 came with the trigger set at about 2.1 lbs. and brakes like a glass rod. Was going to lower it ,but after shooting five shot groups that can be coverd with a dime why bother. Now my new .204Rems.700 vls had a trigger at 6.7lbs. with the worst slipping and grinding I ever saw on a new varmit rig. Just got it back from the smith. Timony makes good triggers! Smiler 338vt

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Anyone have the instructions for performing this Trigger adjustment?

Thanks

Justin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not have directons on how to adjust those but i will share the story on mine. I have a target model in 25-06. My local guy "adjusted it". When I got it back the trigger broke like a sponge. different pull every shot. I took it back to him and he called Ruger.They told him it wasn't adjustable and to send the rifle to them. The day after we got notified that they got the rifle if arrived back at my gunsmith's. The think breaks at 2lbs and is great. I was very pleased with Ruger's customer service and have been a Ruger fan ever since.

one of us
posted Hide Post
YOUTUBE.COM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both of mine need no adjustment. To me they are fine.

Posts: 2669 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote