THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: RUGER Target Grey varmint rifles - accurate ??

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: RUGER Target Grey varmint rifles - accurate ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Of three of these that were bought in the last year and a half; the 22-250 shots good but is very finicky as to the load, the .243 is great and the .223 is really not so hot. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a .223 a few years back that never shot too well with factory ammunition. Average group size was around 2MOA. The very moment I fed it some 52gr Sierra HPBT in a reload it shrunk to a 1/2MOA rifle. Never could get it to shoot with factory ammunition, but reloads were a diferent matter entirely.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is an older one but of the five I have had first hand experience with including two of the target grey ones all shot very well. They were all 22-250's and one 220 Swift. Every one of our rifles shoots 1/4 groups. The load in all the 22-250's is Remington brass, CCI-250 primer and 40 grains of H-380 behind a Hornady 50 grain spsx. My police sniper buddy is the one with the 220 Swift and his likes Varget with 40 grain V-Max's. None of our rifles have been bedded and all have factory triggers that were tuned up by me. The Target Grey ones I haven't touched. They were pretty good as is.

Posts: 149 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote