New
Find
Notify
Tools

.17 HMR Trigger Replacement
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Ruger .17 HMR that I like well enough except for the factory trigger. Its just to rough and heavy for my liking. I would like to replace it with a better after market one but I am confused as to which to choose as I don't know alot about after market triggers? Any help would be appreciated.

WLA

One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
I've installed a few of the Rifle Basix triggers in the 77/22 and 77/17. Everyone has been pleased thus far.

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Rifle Basix is the only way to fly.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I Installed a Spec Tech in one and a Rifle Basix in another. Rifle Basix is far and away the better route to go; it's much easier to install.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
doing a trigger job on a 77 is really simple, all you really have to do is to pop out the pin and change the spring

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cummins4x4
posted Hide Post
Just put the riflebasix in 2 rugers, 22H and 17HMR, easy to install and setup. Pull went from a creepy 6ish to a crisp clean 3.00oz.

Posts: 39 | Location: Lethbridge Alberta | Registered: 30 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Seems like a land slide for Rifle Basix.

I don't know why Ruger don't just fit the damn things at the factory and be done with.
Well, I do know why, but we can live in hope...

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rifle Basix it will be! Thanks for the input and advise guys.

Thanks Again

WLA