THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: Browning 'Trombone' slide action 22 rf - thoughts?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Browning 'Trombone' slide action 22 rf - thoughts?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
btt

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tdobesh
posted Hide Post
RugerUser,

Tell your son not to worry! As has been mentioned here in the states those little gems are HIGHLY sought after! More so in some areas than others, but definately a straight shootin' little gun. I'm currently trying to track one of those little critters down myself.

Tell him that he should be proud to have gotten one! And not to worry the accuracy won't disappoint.

By the way your misinformed opinionated relation sounds like and A$$HOLE. No offense intended and from the sounds of it I doubt none will be taken.

By the way I own a Ruger mini-14. What can I say I was young and stupid and even uninformed about their reputation for inaccuracy. On the bright side I must have gotten one that the factory screwed up! It'll shoot 1 1/2" groups at 200yds. So I'll just shut my mouth and not let it hear that it's not supposed to shoot and hope it just goes right on shootin' like it is!

Posts: 162 | Location: Lincoln, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
There is a saying that goes "The poor workman always blames his tools". I think it is safe to say that at 70 yards and under most 22's can outshoot the shooter, and I have not seen a browning 22 ever that was poorly made, but that may not be true nowadays.

I would give the gun a good cleaning and sneak it out and shoot it a bunch so you can impress your son with a nice tight group at 50 yards, then casually mention sometime that the other idiot talks trash because he can't shoot like you can...

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
G'Day Rugeruser,
I was able to buy one of these Trombones in the early 80's New In Box , but the owner had it in his cuboard for some 10 years.
It's in immaculate condition but it is also the model with the 3/8" dovetail (factory) cut into the top of the reciever.
I've got a Japanese Nikko-Stirling 4 X 40 on it in Tasco extra LOW mounts and I can vouch for these rifles being .5" rifles at 70m,........well thats my best anyway.
Have you or your son learned the trick to pressing the bolt opener(in front of trigger) in order to slowly lower the internal hammer on an empty chamber so as to not have to dry fire it?
Cheers.