THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Need help from all you expert .20 cal buffs

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help from all you expert .20 cal buffs
 Login/Join

<Mark Reiter>
posted
I am looking to put together a varmint rig that has lower recoil and noise than my 22-250 but can still shoot out to 300 yards or so.I had my mind set on a .222 but since I found this message board and read the various threads on how fun the .20 caliber is to shoot I just might change my mind.The tactical .20 has got my interest.Is barrel life short with this caliber and does the barrel heat up quick. Lots of questions I know but I'm not to familiar with this caliber.Thanks so much for any help!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 20 ppc and it is not a quite round. I have not shot it a lot so can not give any info on barrel life. Getting the 33gr above 4000fps is not a problem. The 20 vartag turbo or the vartag might be a good choice. Based on the 222 and 221 fireball it should be as quite as the 222.

Posts: 178 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Todd A Kindler>
posted
Mark,
I highly recommend the Hot Tactical Twenty. It will shoot as far as the 22-250 with a lot less recoil and noise. It is based on the 223 with a 30 degree shoulder. It is very easy to load and fun to shoot. Barrel life should be much longer than the 22-250. The terrific twenties are really taking off. There will be some exiting new products coming soon for them as well. We have covered the Tactical Twenty in the last six issues of our Small Caliber News magazine. We can be reached at (330) 897-0614 or www.smallcaliber.com

Hope this helps,
Todd Kindler-Editor Small Caliber News

one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
Mark, here's vote #2 for the Tactical 20. On
Todd's website there's a link for his
articles and one is on the Tactical 20. It
so impressed me that I ordered a barrel for
my Encore. Er, uh, is 300 yards ALL you
want out of it? You will be amazed....

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote