Find
Notify
Tools

22PPC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
popcornIs anyone else making 22PPC brass from 7.62x39 brass. If so what kind of results are you getting? So far I'm just pleasantly surprised. dancing Someone else must have gone down this road! beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I was, Roger, but no longer do. Mine worked okay, but was so much more work than using .220 Russian brass that I gave up the 7.62x39 route for now.

Matter of fact, I have pretty much given up shooting my .22 PPC rifle....still have it, just almost never shoot it anymore..not a single round in the last 4 years.

I find my .222 & .223 Remingtons just as useful and a heck of a lot easier to put together ammo for and use when everything (both rifles and ammo) is considered.

(I also have an original factory .22 BR 40-X, and it is the same deal with it, except I haven't fired it in almost 10 years now.)

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have been - use rem brass it is small primers, i run it through an old 6.5 die just to knock the neck down a bit, then a 6mm ppc die then in the 22 die.

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
I was, Roger, but no longer do.

Matter of fact, I have pretty much given up shooting my .22 PPC rifle....still have it, just almost never shoot it anymore..not a single round in the last 4 years.

(I also have an original factory .22 BR 40-X, and it is the same deal with it, except I haven't fired it in almost 10 years now.)

FrownerI have quite a number of rifles in this category but as yet non of my 22s.
Wink The shooting is the prof of the pudding but I still get a lot of pleasure putting the pudding together. Some of what I do in this vein others might think silly or too involved .
shockerGive you an Idea! The 22ppc project had me putting a Shaw bull barrel on the Standard Stevens Mod.200 with one exception; a new bolt face for better fit.Topped the rifle off with an inexpensive Tru-Glo scope. Eeker Next do a comparison between Norma PPC brass and three or four manufacturers of 7.62 x 39 brass.
The intended bullets were 34gr. HP ( Mid South ) and 52 and 55 gr, Berger hp-fb.
oldYes the shooting and results are pleasurable but the making it happen really isn't a chore ,it is real upper. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote