THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    257 Accubonds - Twist required

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

257 Accubonds - Twist required
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Guys

I'm interested to hear if a 1 in 10 twist will stablise the 110 gn 257 accubond at 257 Roberts velocities - I didn't realise how long these boolits are !!

Cheers - Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They will work fine with either a 10 or 12 twist.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 10 twist is preferable in the Roberts.

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
I was getting a 1" group with AB's last time out. I think they'll do better than that though. I wasn't shooting all that well at the time.

edited to add: oh yeah, my rifle is a 1-10 twist.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
115 gr Ballistic Tips work fine with a 1-10 twist, so I see no reason that the lighter Accubond would not.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote