THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Finally, A Perfect Over The Counter Factory Rifle.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally, A Perfect Over The Counter Factory Rifle.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The new Kimber 84M Montana 243 Win I picked up last Thursday was made in a perfect manner. Finally I have got a new or used rifle that does not take months to fix.

I adjusted the trigger and put on an old Vari-X 4-12 AO. It shoots most work up loads from 1.5 MOA down to small ones.

The last three shots at the range from a hot barrel went into .45" at 100 yds. This is with IMR 4350 pushing some old Sierra 100 gr flat bases.

The purpose of this rifle is a walk around varminter and I really want to shoot a light bullet like the 55's. I need to do more load work for that bullet.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's an encouraging report. Mine should be here in another couple of weeks, I'm told . I'm putting a Zeiss 4.5-14 on it. The guys at Kimber told me to expect to achieve 1/2 moa groups with careful load development. I'm also hoping to get this sort of accuracy with light bullets. Keep us posted on your light bullet load development.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. It's really delightful to hear of someone getting a decent shooting over the counter rifle without having to glass bed it, float the barrel and change the lawyer driven triggers. I had all but given up hope. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote