Find
Notify
Tools

Mark X Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted
I can pick up a new Mark X rifle for $285. I'm looking mainly for the action to built another rifle. What do you guys think?

I'm considering a 22 Newton (22/6mm) with a faster twist for the longer bullets.

The stock is nothing to look at but I will cover it any way.

Anu thoughts?

Snapper

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just one question first: what caliber is it in Now? - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted Hide Post
Dan, The Mark x is now a new 30-06 with a 24" barrel. It would make a great gun with a new stock or a good action to have a new barrel put on.

Snapper

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Mike Anderson>
posted
THe markX is a good action to build on. If its like all the ones I'm familiar. Its an all steel action, steel floorplate, etc. I haven't picked up a CZ but I would guess there is not much difference between the two.

I would recommend it for a hunting rifle, get a decent stock and barrel and it would do fine.

It would not be my choice for a bench rest gun though.

I have a friend that has several customs on the markX and the performance is very good.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Mark X will work fine for a 22/6mm. No it will not be a BR rifle, but it will/can be as accurate as any sporting rifle. The bolt face will be the right size for the 6mm case, you'll probably want at least a 26" barrel to burn all the powder (it will be an overbore round). Other then that find a good smith to put it all together, and go to town. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you could sell your new 30-06 barrel on Ebay

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote