THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: Savage's new Accu Trigger

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Savage's new Accu Trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ricochet - Have the identical experience as you with the accu-trigger on my 12 FV-223. Tried shooting in the cold with thin leather gloves on and that didn't work at all. Also had trouble without the gloves. Had to recock 5 times in 16 shots.Hope I get better at this as time goes on. Trigger was adjusted to 1.5 lbs out of the box and was crisp. No trouble there. Accuracy looks like it will be acceptable. Barrel was extremely dirty from the factory. I was not sure I was ever going to get a clean patch out of it, using Shooters Choice, bronze brush and swabs. Gun came with standard bolt handle, not oversize as stated in catalog. Bluing in a 3in. area,about 8in. down from the muzzle, was a little shakey. Also used a sharp pen knife to "deburr" all the sharp edges on the synthetic stock. For $409.00, I guess I will live with it. My first Savage experience.

Posts: 49 | Location: York , PA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If that's the case, can I put an Accutrigger into an older Savage rifle that came with the standard trigger? If so, how much do you want for the Accu trigger, JMo????

one of us
posted Hide Post
You cannot fit the accu-trigger to the older models.

Posts: 43 | Location: New England | Registered: 27 March 2003Reply With Quote