New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: WSSM Fuzzy Math
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Reloads for the .223 WSSM are in fact somewhere between 150 - 200 fps. faster than the .220 Swift. The .243 WSSM can be loaded to near .240 Weatherby Magnum velocities. I have no doubt that the .25 WSSM will fall between the .257 Roberts and the .25-06 Remington. The WSSM line of cartridges do this with an inherently more accurate cartridge/rifle design. Benchrest shooters have found this out so someday the hunting group will discover this too. Run out and sell your .223, .243 or .25-06, of course not. But if you are in the market for a new rifle in one of these calibers then you just might want to look them over. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Magic Case designs aside......

I just saw the case capacity listed for the WSSM on another thread at 54-55 grs.

I predict some burned out throats in .223 in short order if people reload to the 62,000 psi max.

I also see some reloaders quickly disenchanted when they realize they can get the same velocity when they load .243 Winchester to the same pressure as the WSSM.

Finally, I see reloaders greatly annoyed when they realize their 25 WSSM won't duplicate the 25-06 when loaded to the same pressure. Instead they have a stubby 25 Souper !

The spin doctors strike again !

Politics and Marketing seem to be the only two occupations where the more you can twist the truth the more money you can make.

Posts: 322 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote