New
Find
Notify
Tools

55 gr TB in .223
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just curious, anyone have any experience with the Federal .223 55 gr Trophy Bonded load, or the 55 gr TB in the .22-250? Thinking about trying a few out this fall.

Posts: 324 | Location: VIRGINIA | Registered: 27 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
Better get them while you can find them. They are being dropped from the product line last I heard.

I have used them on deer and antelope in Montana and elsewhere in my various 223Rem rifles through the years. They have worked great for me so far.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 841 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
They shoot great in my CZ 527 .223.

Trouble is - they have been discontinued by Federal.

They are now available in the tactical law enforcement only line at $35.00 per box.

OUCH!!

If you find them, better snap them up. I've been searching gun shows, no luck yet.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 681 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They work, but so do a host of other bullets, and other bullets that have a better reputation for accuracy...and tht are cheaper and still readily available!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks guys. i'll stick to good old cheap hornady 55 gr with cannelures.
walt

Posts: 324 | Location: VIRGINIA | Registered: 27 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BUCKMT:
thanks guys. i'll stick to good old cheap hornady 55 gr with cannelures.
walt

Good choice...

actually those cheap old Hornadys shoot pretty darn well.. regardless of price... in several of my rifles they are as accurate as Sierra Match bullets are!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that 55 grainer hornady is great. the bullets are a little tough if you are looking for exposive results on groundhogs out of a 223. they shoot great in my CZ. have not shot any out of my 22-250. that rifle likes the 60 grain sierra hollow points.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote