THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Question for the tactical 20 shooters

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for the tactical 20 shooters
 Login/Join

<Norwester67>
posted
Have any of you thought about or are worried about barrel life on these guns ?? Someone very knowledgeable about gun making and barrel wear told me that shooting 4000 fps.+ velocities in this caliber is a lot like the 220 swifts. Barrel life is not going to be that good. He showed me through a borescope what hot loads do to a barrel and it ain't pretty. Just wondering what is going on with the tact 20 and barrel life if anyone knows or can comment on it.

<Tony Rumore>
posted
I have made up two AR-15's in Tact 20, but neither one has more than about 500 rounds on it.

AR's chambered in .223 will normally go 10,000 without a problem, but are completely wasted by the time they hit 13,000 or so. That's running full auto with 100rd bursts though.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp