Find
Notify
Tools

best 204 brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
anybody tried the Nosler brass??

fixing to start over from scratch and would like the best.the 100 Hornady factory loads I shot for the brass lasted 6 more times with outstanding accuracy and I will probably get them again unless someone can convince me otherwise.

SPEED KILLS

Posts: 286 | Location: Gladdice,Tn | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've not tried the Nosler stuff. I would expect cases would be consistant in there weight for the price. Who makes Noslers cases for them?I've only used WW cases in 204.

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
I've considered buying a few boxes of Hornady factory loads to shoot in my 204 while I wait for that order of Berger bullets to arrive. I would like to start with this brass myself. Good to hear you are getting great results.

What were these factory loads headstampted? Hornady or Frontier?

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Big: I have three Varmint Rifles in caliber 204 Ruger. I am at present using Hornady brass in all of them - because that was all that was available when I brought them on line.
In the last couple of weeks I have purchased stores of both Winchester and Remington brass.
I am going to dedicate one brand of brass to each Rifle!
I have plenty of accuracy notes in my shooting log and if I notice any "loss" of accuracy when I switch to the new brands I will advise you.
I won't be using any Nosler brass though and my switch over is scheduled to be done by the first week in May. That may not be soon enough to help you with your decision.
But I will advise.
The Hornady brass has been quite satisfactory for me as well, in all of my 204's.
Long live the wonderful new 204 Ruger cartridge!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, You'd have to go some to out-do the Hornady brass! Six reloads is pretty good!

Chuck - Retired USAF- Life Member, NRA & NAHC

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Turns out that the guy I bought my 204 from threw in 100 pieces of Hornady brass. I picked up a couple of boxes of factory hornady too. I should be set for a while.

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote