THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    found a good load for my Roberts !

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

found a good load for my Roberts !
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought Remington 722 with a cut barrel a while back , Have not shot it much, but it has shown some potential.
Today i took it to the range with 3 nosler bullets, 100 grain Balistic tips an partitions over H 414 and a 120 grain partition over IMR-4350,
The lighter bullets were not to impressive , but again flirting with me , One group would be good the next would have a flyer.
But the 120 Grain Partition was quite good. I fired 3 3 shot groups, got .495 .735 and 1.35. I think there was some operator error on the largest group. But still an average .86 is plenty good enough. I did not Chroney the loads it was wet and cold out. But the 120 might be just over 2700 fps. I will try the 100 grain Bullets with IMR-4350 and see if it tightens thins up.
I like 100 grain Bullets. ...tj3006

Posts: 605 | Location: OR | Registered: 28 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Roberts (throated for 3" OAL) likes IMR 4350 with 100 gr. Ballistic Tips. Reloading manuals are all over the place; 44 gr. IIRC gives me ~2900 fps and averages around 1 MOA. Accuracy and velocity are both fine with me.

Clarence

Posts: 303 | Location: Hill Country, TX | Registered: 26 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Good shooting.
I can't get Partitions to shoot that well in any of my rifles.
Glad they are working for you.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that's the same load I shot in mine..but my Robts is now an Ackley, so I use more powder..If I had it to do over Id have stuck with the Roberts,,,,I like the Ackley but fireforming is expensive and a pain in the kazoo..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42165 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote