New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tactical 20 and reloader 10
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
now then, i have just got hold of some reloader 10 powder and some 35 and 40gn bergers to push through the tac 20,

has anyone got some starting loads with this combo?

thanks in advance

Posts: 358 | Location: Wiltshire, UK | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lets see,
Tac 20, and reloader 10x
also a little 4198 and TAC.
Dakota brass, federal 205m primers
33 gr. and 40 gr. Hornady V-Max bullets
Reloader 10x - greater velocity.
H4198 good velocity
Tac slowest

Tac- best accuracy but 400 fps slower.

Seems 25 & 25.5 gr reloader 10x are too hot and groups opened up.

I've settled on the 24.5 gr reloader 10x over 40 gr v-max for my std. load. As most of my shots are at 100 yds or less and a targets bigger than an inch in diameter, 3800 fps and sub inch accuracy work for me.
GWB

All groups fired at 100 yds off bench. Cooper classic, model 21 in Tactical 20. Ziess 3.5 x 10 x 50 Conquest scope.

Best group of the day but slower than Reloader 10x.

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know you asked about RL10X and not a recommendation for another powder .....but.....I use Benchmark in mine with the 40 V-Max's cause the accuracy and higher velocity came together at the same sweet spot. In another rifle it might be altogether different.
I've never tried 10X in my .20 Tac but it is my powder of choice in a custom chambered zero free-bore .204 I have that is the ballistic twin to my .20Tac. with both 40 and 32 grain projectiles.
Also if you can lay your hands on any old copies of "Small Caliber News" I know my buddy Dan C. did a write up on 10X in the .20 Tac as well as the .17 MachIV when 10X first came out. Looks like Geedubya has got ya off to a good start but if you can't get hold of that magazine and are interested in the info let me know and I can look through my collection and get the data for ya.
10X should be a winner in the .20Tactical. I looked on one of the burn charts I have and it shows a titch slower than the Benchmark I use in mine and right between 748 and BLC-2. Should be a dandy, I can see why Geedubya likes it.

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks guys, i will get some together and keep you posted

Posts: 358 | Location: Wiltshire, UK | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote