Notify
Tools

Tikka 595m twist rate.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Gents.

Just asking a question for a friend.

Can any of you please tell me the twist rate for a Tikka 595m in 22-250. He's looking to get into reloading and was wondering what bullets would stablise best in one of these rifles.

Thanks.

Dave.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Parkin
posted Hide Post
It should be a 14" twist according to the tikka website http://www.tikka.fi it should work great with 40's, 50's and technically 55's although mine doesent. if you want any more info, just ask.

Non-Displaced Yorkshire man

Posts: 63 | Location: Yorkshire, England | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris.

Thanks for the info, l'll let him know. Looks like a good excuse to buy a box of v-max to me.

All the best.

Dave.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Parkin
posted Hide Post
50 grain vmax with either H4895, Varget or Viht 140 work superbly!

Posts: 63 | Location: Yorkshire, England | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris.

We'll be loading with H4895 to start with as l already use it in my .243, and Weasel wants to load for same plus the 22-250. The v-max sounds like a lot of fun in the .22 and should be spot on at range, a real cat stiffener!

Many thanks.

Dave.