Find
Notify
Tools

Sako Quad
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted
Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with the Sako Quad?

http://www.berettausa.com/product/spotlight/spot_sako_quad.htm

Burris makes a scope especially for this rifle;

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=379304

Thanks.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A guy at my range (min 110 yds) shoots one in several calibers. I'm always amazed at the groups the gun produces with some of the .17 cal rimfires.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike, What size groups did you see on average?

Sounds like a pretty neat system.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did not actually measure the groups - after all it was not my gun, and I was not shooting it. But normally, 110 yds is actually a tad long for accurate rimfire shooting. The only reason most people shoot rimfires at that distance is out of necessity - not that many rifle ranges in Switzerland, let alone ones set up for rimfire use. The fact that it was a .17 cal might have helped in terms of velocity - it is rare we have to contend with wind on our range.

In any event, when I saw groups from the Quad, I was impressed. I'm guessing one would be happy with groups like that from a centerfire - definitely sub-MOA. What is more, he seemed to be able to produce these results repeatedly.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote